Monday, 6th July 2015 Aer Lingus announces new route from Cork to Dusseldorf These new flights serving Dusseldorf offer a new destination from Cork Airport and will have an economic dividend for Cork City and County. This decision by Aer Lingus again underlines the obvious potential that exists for developing business at Cork Airport. The […]
Wednesday, 1st July 2015 CityJet announces 18 weekly flights between Cork Airport and London City Airport New CityJet flights connecting Cork directly with London City Airport is a boost for both business and tourism in Cork. Each week there will be an extra 18 flights that provide increased connectivity with an important economic centre. It […]
Tuesday, 30th June 2015 €12.7 million for the Port of Cork from EU’s Connecting Europe Facility Funding to be used for phase one of Ringaskiddy Port Redevelopment Project The Port of Cork is a crucial to our economy and this funding from Europe will ensure that it continues to serve businesses in the Cork region and […]
- 7 new traffic offences for cyclists to make roads safer – Fitzpatrick“Fixed Charge Notices (FCNs) for cyclists who commit certain road traffic offences will make the roads safer for drivers and cyclists alike”, says Fine Gael TD for Louth, Peter Fitzpatrick. Deputy Fitzpatrick was speaking following the introduction of FCNs by the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport, Paschal Donohoe TD.
- FF job plan still MIA while Govt pro-growth policies result in drop in Live Register – Corcoran Kennedy“Fianna Fáil’s elusive jobs policy is still missing in action. The long promised policy is nowhere to be seen, as the party’s TDs concentrate on negative campaigning and trying to rewrite history”, says Chairperson of the Oireachtas Jobs Committee and Fine Gael TD for Laois/Offaly, Marcella Corcoran Kennedy.
- National Narcolepsy Support Coordination Needed – Stanton“A structured support package and advocate is needed for people who developed narcolepsy as a result of receiving the swine flu vaccine in 2009 and 2010” says Cork East Fine Gael TD, David Stanton. National figures show that 74 young people and children developed the condition after they received the Pandemrix vaccine.
- Medical card for cancer patients under 18 provides relief for parents - ButlerFine Gael TD for Meath West, Ray Butler, has welcomed the confirmation from the Minister for Health, Leo Varadkar TD that children under 18 with a cancer diagnosis will be issued with a medical card for five years.
- Unemployment rate now at 9.7% and firm plan in place for regional jobs growth – Corcoran KennedyFine Gael TD for Laois/Offaly, Marcella Corcoran Kennedy, has said that the seasonally adjusted unemployment rate for June of 9.7% is very encouraging and that the trend of decreasing unemployment should continue with the new Midlands Action Plan for Jobs.